Review: Chanel CC Cream
Chanel CC Cream claims to do 5 things:
1. Correct: by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and smoothing out the skin. I don’t think I have used it long enough to notice any of these effects. I did however like the coverage and felt as if my skin looked smoother.
2. Soothe: contains marine extract to soothe the skin. From what I read online, marine extract is full of antioxidants and skin brightening effects. I felt like my skin was loving this CC cream, I did feel like my skin was more illuminated.
3. Moisturizing: contains hyaluronic acid to help maintain hydration. My skin felt very comfortable wearing this as far as hydration is concerned. If your skin is dry your makeup tends to look cakey or not at all flattering, I feel like this CC cream gave me a natural glow.
4. Protects: its is Broad Spectrum SPF 50! Highest I have seen in a makeup product and excited to take this to the beach for a”me but better look.” I was really happy to see such high SPF and it is one of the main reasons I purchased this product. Especially because aging skin comes from sun damage and it is one less step to take in your makeup routine.
5. Perfects: it promises to reduce the appearance of redness, dark spots and pores. Although the coverage was sheer, it is after all a CC cream, I did notice that it helped reduce the redness on my cheeks and nose area. My pores were also less visible with this CC cream.
Final thoughts: I am very happy with this product, the way my skin looked and felt. Also the fact that I don’t have to add SPF into my routine, I’m all about easy makeup and skin care! With that being said, I don’t recommend this if you are looking for medium to full coverage, stick with your favorite foundation or try FOREVER foundation by Dior (it has SPF 35!). I purchased this product because it was exactly what I was looking for, a skin perfecter, SPF containing, moisturizing product all in one. I also used this in conjunction with Les Beiges powder and felt like it gave me the best results as far as coverage goes. The CC cream did seem to start fading after a few hours but it was nothing a little powder couldn’t fix. I was expecting a cakey mess by the end of the day but it exceeded my expectations. Remember when buying a product, make sure it fits into your lifestyle and what you are hoping to achieve. I hope this review helps you make a final choice on this product or helped you discover a new one! If you have any questions, feel free to comment.