Beach Destination: Travel Essentials
If you're here it's because you might be like me and think "more is more" when traveling! I try to pack only the essentials but to me all my skincare products are essential. So here I break down what made the cut from what I packed on my carry on to my check-in bag. I can be so indecisive when it comes to picking just one moisturizer, one facial oil, etc. so hopefully my headache will save you one!
I added a little * to items that didn't make it to my carry on but are still TSA friendly.
Carry on: (TSA friendly items, under 3 oz)
1. Chanel CC Cream: The Chanel CC Cream is very lightweight, it doesn't dry my skin and provides a glow from within look perfect for a beach destination.
2. Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion: super light weight moisturizer, doesn't clog my pores, perfect for a warmer weather. This lotion is also moisturizing enough for my dry areas I just add extra lotion on those areas.
3. Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen: It's a primer and sunscreen in one, naturally I will be using a ton of this for the beach. I love the unseen sunscreen because it can also be used on its own and it helps mattify your skin.
4. Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense: This was a new purchase for me but I tried it out in store and I loved the consistency of this product. This sunscreen is very light, has a slight tint to it and a beautiful glow. I thought this would be perfect to wear to the beach for a natural my skin but better look.
5. Dior Addict Lip Glow: I wanted a no fuss look while on vacation and this lip balm is perfect to make your lips soft while giving them a slight color that still looks natural and healthy. I used it everyday while on vacation.
6. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: It is no secret that I love my Jet Lag Mask and I have been reaching for it more than ever so of course it made the cut when it came to packing. This mask is also perfect for warmer weather because it feels cooling when I first apply it even when I don't pop it in the fridge. Its cooling, makes me look refreshed and gives me glowing skin, yes please!
7. Josie Maran Argan Oil: The first oil I ever fell in love with and the love is still going strong, I got this travel size with my Sephora points. The travel size contains a little dropper as well making it so convenient to travel with. The Josie Maran Argan oil has many uses: for your hair, for dry cuticles, and of course for dry skin.
Check-in: (anything goes, excepts weapons!)
1. Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub: (not pictured) This contains salicylic acid and is essential because it helps unclog my pores, no matter the destination I can count on my pores getting clogged so this was a must for me!
2. Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser: (not pictured) I have talked about this cleanser time and time again because I love it. The Rosehip Cleanser is very gentle and calms my skin down when it becomes irritated. Because I knew I was going to be under the sun a lot I anticipated getting irritated skin so I brought this along.
3. Olehenriksen Truth Serum: * One of my favorite products, I didn't want to be without this because of its brightening effects. This product is perfect if you're planning to party and want to avoid dull skin the next day.
4. Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream: * I have used this eye cream long enough to know that it works so I brought this along with me to make sure I don't wake up with bags under my eyes and just overall tired under eye area.
5. L'oreal True Match Concealer: * (This is not a skincare product but if you want to keep your makeup minimal you can really get away with using a good sunscreen and a concealer; also not pictured). I cannot live without concealer! If you have followed me for a while now, you know that I suffer from dark circles despite lifestyle choices etc. and I'm sure many of you can relate. The True Match concealer gives me a natural look and manages to cover my under eye circles without leaving a white cast. I'm a big fan of wearing makeup to bring out your natural beauty, I hate having a white cast under my eyes and looking like I put on a ton of makeup, again it's just my personal preference.
6. Dr. Jart + Cicapair Cream: * Another new purchase for me but I know that it is supposed to work for redness and I wanted to bring this with me to test it out. My boyfriend actually ended up using this more than I did but he has a lot of redness and irritated skin (more than me) and he said that this was very soothing and calming (he approves!). I'm still testing this out and will post a full review soon!
7. St. Tropez Gradual Tan Tinted: I also purchased a glove to apply this gradual tanner and I love it! I am very pale, I just wanted a slight color to my skin for the beach and this gradual tanner was super easy to apply and gets your skin at least 1/2 shade darker 10 minutes after application. This gradual tanner really works for me because I'm really new to using self tanners and didn't want streaks or an overall messy application. I also picked this up because it stated that it won't transfer to clothes or bed sheets and they are right, no color transfer! If you are looking for a gradual self tanner I highly recommend this one!
Do you have any traveling essentials? What are your favorites?