Ingredient Spotlight: Vitamin C
By now I'm sure you have heard, purchased or even own a product that contains Vitamin C. We see Vitamin C in everything from serums to moisturizers and it has become star ingredient in my skincare routine. Vitamin C stimulates collagen production, aids in protection against UV damage, helps even out skin tone and finally has anti inflammatory properties. I took the plunge with Olehenriksen Truth Serum as my first Vitamin C product and I want to share with you all the products in my collection so far. If you are still skeptical about Vitamin C or already own one of these products, want to add to your collection, or simply looking for a new favorite I hope this helps!
1. Olehenriksen Truth Serum: If you checked out my March empties blog post then you already know how much I love this serum! I love it so much I am on my second bottle and this stuff is not cheap, let me tell you! Besides the price tag, I don't think I could live without this serum. It is an instant brightener. If I am not wearing makeup and my skin looks extra dull and tired I just pat this on and I get an instant refreshed look. I can wear the Truth Serum alone or layer with my favorite moisturizer. The great thing about this product is that it dries quickly, I don't feel like it leaves any residue or piles at all!
2. Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream: Staying on the Olehenriksen bandwagon, this eye cream has become a holy grail item in my skincare routine. This is my second Olehenriksen product and I have become a fast fan, it is now one of my favorite skincare brands. The Banana Bright Eye Cream contains Vitamin C, it is rich and creamy, has light diffusers for an instant "bright" eye look and is great to wear under makeup. If that wasn't enough this product also works when used long term, check out my review here.
3. Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser: This gentle cleanser contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and E. The cleanser is gentle enough to use day and night, I have combination dry skin and I feel like it's gentle enough for my dry areas. I love to use this cleanser in the mornings because it is very light and refreshing. The Essential-C Cleanser has a gel like consistency until you add water it turns creamier and lathers up very nicely. I also love the smell of this cleanser and it may be why I prefer to use it in the mornings because it is very invigorating (smells like oranges!) and leaves my skin smooth to the touch. The only downside: I don't feel like it does a great job at unclogging my pores but other than that I really enjoy this cleanser and will use a pore strip, or another product in conjunction to remove my stubborn pores.
4. Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream: C-Tango is the newest addition to my Vitamin C obsession. This eye cream is lighter than your average eye cream but I actually love that about this product because it also absorbs more quickly. I like to put this eye cream in the fridge for the cooling effect and it does a nice job at depuffing my under eye circles. If you own a Drunk Elephant product then you already know that their packaging is impeccable and this eye cream is no stranger to that: in order to get the product out you have to twist and then pump. The packaging on the C-Tango eye cream is genius because it ensures no light gets into the product which degrades the Vitamin C by the time it reaches your skin. I haven't used this product long enough to see long term effects but look out for my full review soon!
5. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask (not pictured): I am adding this product to the list because it contains Vitamin C as one of its star ingredients and I have a full review here. The reason I and so many others love the Jet Lag Mask is because it is an instant dose of hydration, it makes my tired skin look like I got a full 8 hours of sleep even If I didn't! The mask works especially well in the eye area thanks to the Vitamin C and the price point is affordable for the amount of product you receive (not to mention it is TSA friendly!). Bonus: I use a decent amount of the Jet Lag Mask right under my eye area, let it sit for 10 minutes and then I gently pat on my Banana Bright Eye cream for instant brightening and a depuffed eye area. If you are interested in a full review on how I use these two products together let me know!
6. Olehenriksen Truth C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme: Contains 3 sources of Vitamin C and rose of winter extract and promises 24 hour hydration. This Vitamin C gel also promises to help with fine lines and wrinkles with an overall youthful glow. I was on the lookout for a new daily moisturizer that not only hydrated my dry skin but also had anti aging properties. I have been using my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for years because it doesn't clog my pores and I was instantly excited when Olehenriksen came out with their own gel moisturizer in my favorite Truth line. This is a very new product for me so I don't want to dive so deeply into it but I will say that I love the consistency of the product and layering this over my Truth Serum. When I use both the Truth Serum and the Gel Creme together my complexion is definitely brighter and more even toned. As always I will post a full review soon!
Did you discover any new Vitamin C products? Do you have any of your own? Let me know below!