How to Calm Irritated Skin
If you didn't catch my Instagram Stories I shared pictures of my irritated, red cheeks along with blemishes and all. Fortunately, I was able to calm my irritation in as little as 3 days with the help of these products. I wanted to share my personal experience with irritated skin and to also shed light on trying new products on your skin may not always work out for the best. Be careful, do your research, and choose ingredients that work for your skin type. If all else fails, just know that it's okay to not have perfect skin, we all have these struggles. So here are my product choices and let me know if you have tried any of these or have any recommendations.
The picture below is two days apart after using these products, it is not retouched and there is no filter. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap a picture on the third day but there was more noticeable improvement after 3 days and after a week all the irritation was gone.
1. Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser: You might be tired of hearing about this product but Rosehip is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it is soothing and is perfect for dry, itchy skin. So I had to use this as my only cleanser when my skin became irritated.
2. Indie Lee COQ10 Toner: This is a new purchase for me when I had irritated skin but I knew this would work well at the time. First of all, this toner is alcohol free, contains Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Cucumber which are perfect for their soothing effect. The COQ10 toner also contains COQ10 of course, which helps repair skin and also contains Hyaluronic acid which if you haven't heard, is an amazing ingredient to help your skin lock in moisture. So as I read into the ingredient list I knew that this would soothe my skin like no other. The consistency is very runny, so I applied with a cotton pad and just a tiny bit goes a long way. I just dabbed it on after cleansing my face and concentrated on my irritated cheeks, it felt so good!
3. Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Essence Toner: I purchased this because I wanted to try out the 7 Skin Method that I have heard so much about, I will have a post up soon! This toner also contains Aloe Vera, as well as oat kernel (a skin soothing ingredient), fermented Dandelion and Argan oil. So naturally I wanted to add this to my irritated skin regimen and I am so glad that I did, aside from my skin being irritated it was also lacking moisture and this really helped add moisture back into my skin.
4. Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion: I absolutely love this no fuss lotion, it is noncomodogenic so I knew that it wouldn't clog my pores and who wants clogged pores along with irritated skin? No one. It is an oil free moisturizer that contains Retinol for cell turnover, hydrating Hyaluronic acid and honey! When I read that these ingredients were included in this moisturizer I knew I had to use it on my irritated skin and it did not disappoint. I didn't feel any extra irritation and it really kept my skin nice and smooth.
5. Josie Maran Argan Oil: I have raved about this Argan oil before not only for its antioxidant properties but because it really helps balance out my dry combination skin. I thought this would be ideal for my irritated skincare regime, I only added a tiny bit of this on my problem areas for extra hydration. I made sure all my other skincare products sank into my skin and made this my last step.
Do you have any irritated skin saviors?