Clean and Cruelty Free Makeup
1. Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 (this is also Vegan!): If you have been following me for a while you know that I love my Chanel CC Cream and have actually converted from wearing full coverage makeup to the CC cream or Umbra Tinte from Drunk Elephant. Sadly, the Chanel CC Cream didn’t make the non-toxic cut so I had to find a replacement and among the highest rated was the Tinted SPF by Suntegrity. This product is Vegan and non-toxic and like it states on the front of the bottle also non-greasy, I was instantly impressed. The coverage is definitely sheer and if you want to add more of a glow I suggest mixing it with Umbra Tinte by Drunk Elphant of D-Bronzi Drops for a bit of a sunkissed glow. I love mixing all three together so I don’t look so pale but the Suntegrity Tnted Sunscreen is also wonderful on its own. If you are looking for more coverage this product might not be for you but you can also top it off with some concealer for a bit more coverage.
2. W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara: For mascaras I was really open to just about any option because I plan on trying a few out before I make a decision. So the first one that I heard a lot of people talk about is the W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara which promises extreme volume and length. I have to say that the volume was a miss for me, I’m getting the definition I want from this mascara but sadly the volume is not there. I’m still testing it out, trying to curl my lashes first or last, how much to apply and so on and I’ll let you know my final thought soon! As of right now, first impressions, lengthens lashes, not enough volume if you don’t have volume to begin with, doesn’t smudge unless I rub my eyes.
3. RMS Living Luminizer: I’ve been dying to try any RMS Beauty product and now that I have decided to go toxic-free it is the best time. One of the products on my radar was the Living Luminizer as an alternative to my toxic highlighters. I’m more of a natural, fuss free makeup kinda of girl so I thought this would be perfect to give a pop of highlight to my cheekbones without all the contouring, etc. This is one of the first products that I purchased so I’ve been using it for a little while and I have to say that I love it. If you are not into the extreme highlight and just want a more “natural, the light is hitting you in all the right places look” I highly recommend this product. I also want to add that this product comes in glass packaging (if you are conscious about plastic abuse and the environment).
4. Suntegrity Lip CPR SPF 30 in Sunrise Peach: Finally, a lip product with SPF perfect for the summer! I was looking for a lip product that contained SPF and came across Suntegrity. I don’t think that this lip balm is the most moisturizing and overall not impressed by the product except for the color and the fact that it contains SPF. I think that with this lip balm you would have to make sure your lips are not dry, and that you have scrubbed them well, otherwise the product settles into fine lines. I also feel like this lip balm sits on top of my lips and doesn’t exactly feel like most of the lip balms I have tried but I will give it a chance and give it a few more tries before I toss it into the MISS pile. This lip balm promises to protect and revive lips by reducing the appearance of fine lines but I haven’t used it enough to notice this. Once I use up the product I will let you know my final thoughts but as of now, not impressed, probably save your money on this one!
5. RMS Eye Polish in Myth: A beautiful light brown eyeshadow, that is easy to blend and perfect to make a soft smoky eye. If you want a darker brown smoky eye for the night, just apply a brown powder eye shadow over this and it will intensify the color (it will also help it last all day!). For daytime, I usually swipe a small amount to just get some color on my eyelids.
6. RMS Lip2Cheek in Smile: Looks really bright in the container but it creates such a beautiful believable flushed look. The best part of the RMS products is that they offer buildable color, so you can go as dark or light as you want. I also believe that this color will work for all skin tones, I am really pale but I can see this working for deeper skin tones. I also love my multi tasking products, just like the name suggests you can also use this as a lip color. The only thing I will say is that the lip color does come off, if you eat for example, but that doesn't bother me too much because it's easy to reapply. Bonus: I dip a lip brush into the Lip2Cheek to line my lips and use my fingers to apply the rest.
7. RMS Skin2Skin Blush Brush: I didn't think I needed a blush brush for a cream blush but when I got this brush and started using it I realized how much easier it is to apply! I use it one of two ways, I dip the actual brush in the blush (just a tiny bit) and then blend out onto my cheeks. or warm the blush with my fingers apply on my cheeks and use the brush to blend out the blush. Either way, I love this brush and I'm so glad that I got it, I blend out my blush in a matter of seconds and you don't need a ton of product, just the tiniest bit goes a long way.