Thoughts on Turning 29
Taking a moment to look back on the last year and it all seems like a blur. Now that I’m about to close the chapter of my 20s I realize that plans have a way of getting away from you. I thought by now I would have everything figured out and I would know how to balance work/home life. Sadly, it’s not true, i think everyone is trying to figure it out as they go. Something that works for you may not work for someone else. With that being said I want to share a few things I have learned from my 20s, even though I’m not officially 30 yet!
1. Your plans might not equal success. You may have a picture in your head about how things will turn out in your career/ love life/ family but things might not go as planned and that’s ok, you just have to make tweaks as you go! That’s life!
2. Your bffs might not be forever. I was never big on having a million friends but as I have gotten older I can count with 1 hand the people in my inner circle. It’s hard to let go of some friendships but it’s important to only surround yourself with positive individuals, those who want to see you succeed. Life is too short to deal with negativity or drama! Trust me!
3. Love yourself first and everyone else second. Yes you come first, you can’t possibly love someone more than you love yourself. When you love yourself you know exactly what you deserve and you will give those around you boundaries. If you make time for yourself you will prevent yourself from burning out.
4. “Everything happens for a reason.” You don’t want to hear it but somehow the stars align and things start falling into place. Not to say that you just need to sit there and it will happen! If you work hard and are patient, seriously things just start to make sense and happen for you slowly but surely.
5. You will become party adverse. Okay maybe you’re the life of the party now and don’t plan on giving it up! Honestly, I can’t think of anything better to do on a Friday night than stay in with my boyfriend and two dogs! Yes I like to go out and get dressed up but I’m perfectly happy in my jammies with the people I love! There’s no better feeling than someone loving you at your most boring.
Just wanted to give you guys some perspective! These are just some key things that I have learned 🔑